Seasoned leader in marketing and communications for Fortune 500 companies, non-profit and educational organizations, agencies, and more. Proven track record cultivating successful, comprehensive campaigns, programs, and events. Team player with exceptional communication skills, passion for story-telling, developing leaders, and managing teams.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Corporate Sponsor & Communications Vice-Chair, 2011-Present
Richmond Parade, Inc. | Richmond, Va.
The Dominion Energy Christmas Parade is Richmond’s largest single-day event featuring 100 units, 100,000 spectators, and another 300,000+ viewers watching on WTVR-CBS6. Responsibilities include corporate sponsorship development, public relations, web content, managing a social media team, securing entertainment, volunteer training, and overseeing Children’s Luncheon.
- Increased annual budget by 32% and added 18 new sponsors to the parade lineup in six years.
- Designed a consistent look for all marketing collateral, web, and social media platforms that led to increased participation and distinctive brand identity.
- Revamped the Christmas Parade Children’s Luncheon into an over-the-top experience for 200+ children and their families, partnering with 5-7 local non-profits that serve at-risk youth.
Communications Director, 2012-2015
Needle’s Eye Ministries, Inc. | Richmond, Va.
Needle’s Eye provides a bridge between men and women in the marketplace and matters of faith. Responsibilities included strategic planning, budgeting, multi-channel communications campaigns (print, email, web, social media, radio/TV), event planning, managing a team of writers and consultants, and public speaking.
- Conducted a statistical analysis that led to the overhaul of an entire communications strategy, including a new website, email communications, newsletter, and print material for the organization. Outcomes were more effective channel marketing, reach, and engagement, as well as better utilization of budget resources.
Promotions Manager, 2011-2012
First Things First of Greater Richmond | Richmond, Va.
FTF is dedicated to building strong communities through healthy relationships and families. Responsibilities included managing programs, coordinating special events, training volunteers, designing collateral materials and web content, overseeing social media platforms, and public speaking.
- Directed and managed “Boot Camp for New Dads” program, equipping hundreds of men to become more engaged with their infants and learn the ropes of fatherhood.
- Established and coordinated annual “Date Night” event to raise money and awareness of FTF’s efforts in the community, while fostering relationships between couples.
Director of Development Marketing, 2007-2011
Fuller Theological Seminary | Pasadena, Calif.
Fuller is the largest seminary in the world, with an annual fund goal of $2.5 million. Responsibilities included developing and implementing annual fund strategic plan (donor acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship), designing and coordinating 16 mailings each year targeting 45,000 alumni and friends, publishing development brochures, and supervising tele-relations staff.
- Spearheaded and managed stewardship program, which included hand-written cards, newsletters, email campaigns, and a “Scholarship Thank You Dinner” for 250 scholarship recipients to personally thank their donors.
- Created and executed “Thanks a Latte” giving campaign to encourage staff participation, growing from 12% to more than 65%.
Conference Coordinator Intern, Summer 2007
Eagles Communications | Singapore
Eagles Communications hosts a biennial leadership conference featuring international speakers from across the globe. Responsibilities included developing and editing collateral materials, coordinating with video production team, and serving as personal assistant to several high profile international speakers.
Children’s Ministry Administrator, 2006-2007
Faith Community Church | West Covina, Calif.
FCC is a non-denominational, contemporary church with more than 12,000 attendees each weekend, including 2,000+ children (birth-5th grade). Responsibilities included directing a team of 30 lead volunteers who managed 400 teachers, assistants, band members, registrars, and security personnel; volunteer training and recruiting, coordinating services and special events, direct mail campaigns, and managing a budget of $100,000.
Account Executive, 2001-2005
Wilkin Guge Marketing | Claremont, Calif.
WGM was a full-service marketing agency that primarily focused on brand identity and strategic planning. Responsibilities included managing multi-million dollar clients, developing marketing communications plans, writing and pitching press releases, and managing college interns.
- Executed a public relations campaign focusing on events at the Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau, increasing media coverage from no stories the year prior to 500+ in the first year alone.
- Played key role in the core team for Hawaiian Airlines cross-promotional marketing campaign, partnering with Disney’s Lilo & Stitch movie premiere.
- Established the WGM public relations internship program, serving as supervisor and mentor to dozens of local college students.
Corporate Communications Assistant, 2000-2002
Sears, Roebuck & Co. | Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
Conveyed internal messaging from corporate office to 1,500 employees based in Southern California; produced monthly in-house newsletters, managed team of reporters, planned community affairs activities, recruited volunteers, prepared annual employee surveys, and coordinated new hire orientations.
EDUCATION & SPECIAL SKILLS
Fuller Theological Seminary | Pasadena, Calif.
Master of Arts, Cross-Cultural Studies, emphasis in Leadership Development, 2007
California State University, San Bernardino | San Bernardino, Calif.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, minor in Public Relations, 2001
Continuing Education: Workshop and seminars in InDesign, Photoshop, social media; training in interpersonal communication and counseling; “I Am Tourism Ambassador” training through Richmond Region Tourism
Technical Proficiencies: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Apple Pages, Numbers, Keynote; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop; TargetX, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Vertical Response, Constant Contact; WordPress, Joomla!; PC/Mac proficient
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Hootsuite, blogs